Friday, July 23, 2010
What I love about summer...
1. The number one thing I wish for when it's cold outside is to be able to throw on a cute dress and run out the door without a care in the world.
2. I love to eat and dine with friends. The only thing better than eating itself is eating outside.
3. I am not into all of the really really dark or hoppy beers. I like the light, fruity taste of a good summer beer.
4. Living near Lake Erie, an accessible beach is a 5 minute drive away. The beach is a hallmark for my entire summer whether on vacation or not.
5. I am starting quite a collection of bathing suits. I love them all—polka dot, striped, or solid. And nothing is more comfortable or sexy in this weather than a bikini.
6. I love being able to decorate a table with fresh flowers and seeing them growing in the garden.
7. Showing off my colorful toe nails. This may seem boring, but I love wearing sandals, and plus, my toes have to hide for the other 9 months of the year.
8. Summer fruit and farmer's markets. I hate when stores start carrying three varieties of fruit—apples, oranges, and bananas. Give me watermelon, cantaloupe, and peaches any day.
9. Longer days. I have a lot to accomplish in a day. I don't like when it gets dark outside at 5 in the dead of winter.
10. Summer vacation/trips. I love to travel and a long weekend in the summer is no better excuse to pick a place on the map and just drive. A week at the beach is nice too.
Details: Banana Republic Sweater (Similar) / Gap Jeans / Nordstrom Boots / Ten Thousand Villages Necklace Well, it's officially ...
We went to the Murray Hill Art Walk and stopped by our favorite restaurant La Dolce Vita . The beau found a pair of vintage Ray Bans at H...
If any of you read the September issue of Vogue (which I am undoubtedly sure that you did), you noticed the entire editorial devoted to swe...