Friday, July 23, 2010
What I love about summer...
1. The number one thing I wish for when it's cold outside is to be able to throw on a cute dress and run out the door without a care in the world.
2. I love to eat and dine with friends. The only thing better than eating itself is eating outside.
3. I am not into all of the really really dark or hoppy beers. I like the light, fruity taste of a good summer beer.
4. Living near Lake Erie, an accessible beach is a 5 minute drive away. The beach is a hallmark for my entire summer whether on vacation or not.
5. I am starting quite a collection of bathing suits. I love them all—polka dot, striped, or solid. And nothing is more comfortable or sexy in this weather than a bikini.
6. I love being able to decorate a table with fresh flowers and seeing them growing in the garden.
7. Showing off my colorful toe nails. This may seem boring, but I love wearing sandals, and plus, my toes have to hide for the other 9 months of the year.
8. Summer fruit and farmer's markets. I hate when stores start carrying three varieties of fruit—apples, oranges, and bananas. Give me watermelon, cantaloupe, and peaches any day.
9. Longer days. I have a lot to accomplish in a day. I don't like when it gets dark outside at 5 in the dead of winter.
10. Summer vacation/trips. I love to travel and a long weekend in the summer is no better excuse to pick a place on the map and just drive. A week at the beach is nice too.
One of my favorite ways to celebrate the season of Halloween (which lasts all October, according to me), is to turn down the lights, get ...
If any of you read the September issue of Vogue (which I am undoubtedly sure that you did), you noticed the entire editorial devoted to swe...
We went to the Murray Hill Art Walk and stopped by our favorite restaurant La Dolce Vita . The beau found a pair of vintage Ray Bans at H...