this recipe. I was slightly intimidated about making my own black bean burgers as I didn't know what it would involve. When I read that the hardest step would be mashing the black beans with a fork, I knew that this was the recipe for me. And in terms of expense, I already had most of the spices and ingredients already. I thought it was just as good if not better than the frozen stuff, and definitely worth making myself. Oh and I made these sweet potato fries too. I can elaborate on those another time.
* 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
* 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon cumin
* 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
3. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
6. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Details: J.Crew Factory Sweater Blazer ( Similar ) / Banana Republic Factory Blouse ( Similar ) / Banana Republic Factory Leggings / Eve...
If any of you read the September issue of Vogue (which I am undoubtedly sure that you did), you noticed the entire editorial devoted to swe...
We went to the Murray Hill Art Walk and stopped by our favorite restaurant La Dolce Vita . The beau found a pair of vintage Ray Bans at H...