Thursday, October 27, 2016
Deer Makeup and Antlers
Besides a Halloween party at work, where I plan to dress up as either Eleven from Stranger Things or Pippi Longstocking, we don't have any major to-dos this year. Even still, after having so much fun doing the makeup for my Day of the Dead Skull look last year, I wanted to challenge myself with another makeup look. Maybe it's because my unruly locks lend themselves to dressing up as a wild animal, but for whatever reason I started looking at deer makeup tutorials. After a few Google searches, I was hooked on the idea of dressing up as a deer to hand out candy this year.
I followed Lauren Conrad's tutorial for making the deer antlers, but instead of using faux fur for the ears, I used felt to save a little time and money. And after being inspired by a Google search for DIY deer antlers, I decided to add some fake flowers that I had on hand as well.
For the makeup, I didn't follow one specific tutorial, I just looked at a bunch of examples in Google images and pulled a little inspiration from each. Here are the steps I followed:
1. I started with my typical makeup that I wear to work everyday: foundation, brown eye shadow, black eyeliner and mascara.
2. Next I used the same black eyeliner to extend the lines that were already there and traced a thicker line around my eyes.
3. Then I rubbed a little white eyeshadow under my eyes, on my forehead and on my chin.
4. Next I started applying bronzer around the edges of my face and across my cheeks.
5. With white crayons from an old Halloween makeup kit, I drew small white circles on my cheeks and forehead.
7. Using a black crayon from the same Halloween makeup kit, I drew a nose and one straight line connecting the nose to my lips. I then filled in just my upper lip.
What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?
Details: J.Crew Factory Sweater Blazer ( Similar ) / Banana Republic Factory Blouse ( Similar ) / Banana Republic Factory Leggings / Eve...
If any of you read the September issue of Vogue (which I am undoubtedly sure that you did), you noticed the entire editorial devoted to swe...
We went to the Murray Hill Art Walk and stopped by our favorite restaurant La Dolce Vita . The beau found a pair of vintage Ray Bans at H...